Where will my donation go?
Our current funding has helped us build a truly remarkable mental health organisation achieving truly remarkable results. We have been quiet achievers for six decades, but there has never been more need than now for us to expand our services to help more Australians land on their feet.
We have a range of Programs which require funding and your donation will help bring these projects to life – and perhaps save a life too! Even a small donation can make a big difference. Check out our ‘What your donation can do’ box below to see the ways your donation might be used.
Your donation will help us to:
- Double the number of Grow groups (500) by the end of 2018 – especially in rural and regional areas
- Further engage GPs and mental health professionals to ensure patients know about Grow
- Establish specific-need groups such as Carers groups, Under 30s groups, Post Natal Depression groups etc
- Establish an online, “virtual group” platform so those in remote areas or those unable to physically attend can be part of Grow
Our initial programs have proven to be very successful and target teenagers and younger children who are experiencing difficulties or bullying, or are at risk of, or currently engaging in, self-harm. Given that 75% of mental illness occurs before the age of 25, this is a critical area of preventative work. Your donation will help us to:
- Expand the availability of the Program to schools across Australia
- Deliver 300 programs (3,000 children) by the end of 2018.
Our residential programs help people who require intensive, long-term support to return to full participation in society and life. Your donation will help us to:
- Expand the current facility, creating more beds and places
- Build and develop new facilities in other States to provide residential care to those in need who live outside of New South Wales.